Aalu ka Paratha is a popular breakfast recipe in India. Many kids are fond of this aalu ka paratha and many of us have childhood memories with this yummy stuffed Indian bread. For me aloo ka paratha is of the yummy Indian vegetarian recipes. Today I will share my recipe of aalu ka paratha which you can easily make at home.
Ingredients For Aalu Ka Paratha Recipe
- Potato- 6 medium size
- Onion- 3 (Chopped)
- Salt- 1 spoon
- Red Chilli powder- 1/2 spoon
- Pomegranate seed powder (anar dana)- 1/2 spoon
- Carom seeds (ajwain)- 1/2 spoon
- Green Chilli- 1
- Chopped green coriander- handful
- Desi Ghee (clarified butter)- to cook aalu ka paratha
- Wheat flour dough
Steps For Aalu Ka Paratha Recipe
- Firstly boil potatoes, we can boil them in pressure cooker or microwave. To boil potatoes in microwave keep 6 potatoes for around 8 minutes in microwave on full power. This time can vary little bit according to potatoes and microwave. If you are boiling potatoes in pressure cooker then keep level of water more than potatoes around 1 inch above and cook it till 2 whistles. After that keep cooker close till its steam get released. Like this you can boil potatoes whether in cooker or microwave.
- After this peel potatoes and mash them. Keep them under a fan so that they can cool quickly and get ready to be stuffed in our aloo ka paratha. If you put hot potato stuffing in paratha then paratha will be break down so keep this thing in mind.
- Now after our potatoes get cool down, add fine chopped onions, salt, red chilli powder, pomegranate seed powder (anardana), carom seeds (ajwain), fine chopped green chilli (optional), and chopped green coriander. Mix them all with mashed potatoes and our potato stuff is ready for our aalu ka paratha recipe.
- Firstly apply some dry wheat flour on your hands and take some dough. Don’t take much dough as we want thin layer of our paratha. Make dough ball almost size of chapati dough ball.
- Roll the dough ball on dry wheat flour before flattening it with a roller pin so that it does not stick to surface. Flatten it with loose hands like this you can come up with a perfect round base for aalu ka paratha.
- Now apply desi ghee (clarified butter on our paratha base (around half of tea spoon). After that apply potato stuffing on base, keep 1 inch of corner boundary vacant, so that we can fold it easily. Now fold the paratha and press it gently to give it a round shape.
- Again apply dry wheat flour on it and flatten it carefully. If you flatten it with tight hands then stuffing will not spread properly.
- Heat up tawa and apply some clarified butter to grease it. Put paratha on it and cook it on medium flame to make it crispy.
- Check it in between when it partially cooked from one side then turn it and cook it from other side. After aalu ka paratha is almost ready, apply ghee on corners and surface of paratha cook it properly and here we are ready with our yummy Aloo Ka Paratha.