This delicious Indian barfi is made from Bengal gram, MILKMAID Pure Ghee and desiccated coconut. It’s literally ready in 3 simple steps and under 30 minutes so you can prepare it when your palate desires a quintessentially Indian dessert. Stores well for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for Chana Dal Burf
- 1 tsp- Elaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- 1/2 cup- MILKMAID Pure Ghee
- 2 tbsp Chopped- Pista
- 10 Chopped- Badam (Almonds)
- 1/2 cup- Desiccated Coconut
- 500ml- Water
- 100g- Chana Dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 3 cups (450ml)- Milk
- 1/2 cup(100g)- NESTLE MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
How to make Chana Dal Burfi
- Soak the chana dal in the water and keep aside for 2-3 hrs. Strain off the water & cook the dal in 2 cups of milk till soft, keep aside to cool. Grind the dal to a coarse paste.
- Heat ghee in a karahi, add the dal paste and fry stirring continuously till the mixture is light brown. Add the NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and blend into the mixture, then add the remaining milk and cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the karahi.
- Add the desiccated coconut, almonds, pista and elaichi powder and mix well. Remove from fire and spread in a greased thali. Cool and slice into desired shape.