Chilli Mushroom..It was yummy, thats what i can say. I love all indo chinese foods, they are lip smackingly good. Anyone who likes Mushrooms, will love Mushroom Manchurian to its death. It is rich in Vitamin D and mushroom manchurian dry is one of the best ways to gorge on its goodness while pleasing taste buds with its spicy taste. Additionally, they are rich source of protein and hence it’s suitable to be served to kids. It is a great party food and brings a welcome change from routine gobi manchurian.
- Mushroom – 200 grams chopped
- Oil – for deep frying
- Spring Onion – for garnishing
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1 cup
- Corn Flour / Corn Starch – 1/2 cup
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Water – as needed
- Oil – 1 tblspn
- Ginger – 1 tblspn minced
- Garlic – 1 tblspn minced
- Green Chilli – 2 chopped
- Dry Red Chilli – 1 broken
- Light Soya Sauce – 2 tblspn or to taste
- Vinegar – 1 tsp or to taste
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- alt to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Ajinomoto – 1 tsp (optional, i didn’t use)
- Water – few tblspn
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Start by making the batter my mixing all ingredients given in the list to a smooth thick paste. Add in chopped mushroom and mix well. Drop in hot oil and fry till golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Drain most of the oil and keep around 1 tblspn of oil in a kadai.
- Add in ginger, garlic, green chilli, dry red chilli and fry till golden brown and crisp.
- Now add in soya sauce, vinegar, salt, sugar and mix well. Add some water and mix that well.
- Now add in the fried mushroom pieces and mix well so the sauce coats all mushroom pieces.
- Add in spring onion and serve immediately.