Rava Dosa is one of the most popular South Indian breakfast recipes.Crispy Rava dosa is Sendhil’s most favourite dosa variety in hotels.Whenever we go to restaurants,i order plain uttapam for myself & his choice would be mostly rava dosa.
As it is my man’s favourite,i have tried making this dosa many times in my kitchen to impress himLove Struck.But most of my attempts were flop showsNot talking.It may be due to the wrong proportions of rava,rice flour & maida or the consistency of batter might not be right.When i told this to my friend Shalini,she suggested her fail proof rava dosa recipe which she has been successfully making it for years.I tried it yesterday for our Sunday breakfast.It came out unbelievably great!Sendhil loved it a lot & had more dosas.
Rava dosa is a dosa made apart from regular dosas like onion dosa, masala dosa etc… It is unlike other dosas as it is made instantly and quick and is a very quick recipe.
- 6 tbsp sooji/semolina/rava
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 4 tbsp maida/all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 medium size onion very finely chopped
- 1 tsp full green chillies very finely chopped
- salt – to taste
- 2 curry leaves very finely chopped
- ½ tsp very finely crushed ginger
- 2 tbsp curd/yogurt
- water to mix – 1 medium size bowl
- 3 tsp oil
Step by Step Instructions
- Firstly, take a bowl, into it add sooji/rava, add rice flour, all purpose flour/maida.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves, cumin seeds, very finely chopped onion, very finely chopped green chillies.
- Add salt according to taste, chopped curry leaves, crushed ginger.
- Add yogurt and mix up all the ingredients.
- Add water gradually and keep mixing the batter with water until a pouring consistency is obtained.
- Heat the griddle/tawa.
- Mix the batter well and take a bowl full of batter and pour the thin batter all over the tawa.
- Smear oil all over the rava dosa and also at the corners of the dosa.
- Cook the bottom side of the dosa well until it turns crisp brown.
- Fold the sooji dosa and take it out.
- Serve hot with chutney…