Dal Makhani is a popular dish of Punjab. It can be easily cook at home.It is not only good in teast,it also contain Protien and Fiber. Here we are with the dhaba style Dal makhani recipe .
- 1/2 cup whole urad dal
- 1/8 cup red kidney beans (Rajma)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 minced green pepper or adjust to taste (Hari Mirch)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt as per teast
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (Jeera)
- Pinch of asafetida (Hing)
- 3 to 4 whole red chilies (Sabut Lal Mirch)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder optional (Lal Mirch)
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder (Amchoor)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 cup cream
Step by Step Method of Dal Makhani:
- Wash urad dal and kidney beans(rajma) well. Soak the dal in six cups of water at least for eight hours.
- Place the dal in a pressure cooker with four cups of water and add the salt, turmeric, ginger, and green chili.
- Set to cook over medium high heat. When it begins to steam, turn the heat down to medium. Cook it for 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Wait until steam has stopped before opening the pressure cooker. The dal and kidney beans should be soft and tender.
- Lightly mash the kidney beans and dal. Cook for another five minutes on low-to-medium heat.
- Add cream, garam masala, and amchoor powder. Cook for ten minutes on low heat.
- Heat the ghee in a deep cooking-pot . Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil; if it cracks right away, the oil is ready. Add cumin seeds. When they crack, add the asafetida, red chilies, and red chili powder. Stir for a few seconds.
- Add cumin seeds, and as the cumin seeds crack add asafetida, red chilies and red chili powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Add one teaspoon of water to keep the spices from burning. Pour the spiced ghee over the dal.
- Garnish with shredded ginger.