Idli is one of the most popular breakfast of South India. Idli is quite popular in all over India. This idli recipe is a simple recipe which you can try out any time at your home. Idli can be served with Nariyal Ki Chutney and Sambhar. In this recipe of Idli you can learn how to make soft idli. Surely give your comments and share it with your friends
Ingredients for Idli
- 2 cups Rice
- 1 cup Urad Daal (white)
- 1 1/2 tblsp Salt
- A pinch of Baking Soda
- Oil for greasing
Idli Recipe Steps
- While making Idli, add salt to batter as per your taste. If your batter seems to be much thicker then add little water to it, batter should be thick but smooth.
- Now take Idli stand and apply some refined oil to it so that our Idli didn’t stick to it while steaming. Now fill Idli stand with batter, fill it almost full. Assemble all sections of Idli stand and close its top nob. If you want you can add some herbs or finely chopped vegetable to your idli for some creativity in your cooking.
- Put half glass of water in a pressure cooker, and put a metallic stand in it which have holes. But if you don’t have that type of stand then don’t add batter in lower section idli stand. This is all because of preventing idli from water contact.
- So insert idli stand to pressure cooker, and close the cooker. Don’t put whistle on cooker and put it on high flame for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes open cooker and check idli by inserting a tooth pick stick, if it is clean then take out the idli stand. Do that carefully and take it out with any cloth or kitchen gloves in hand. Open its top nob and separate all sections of idli stand.
- Now with the help of knife take idli out from corners. Move your knife in a circle flow and your soft and spongy idli will be in your hands easily.