Do you like mango lassis? A favorite drink at Indian restaurants, they’re easy to make at home. Lassis come in all kinds of flavors, some are salty, some are sweet, some have mint, some have fruit. A mango lassi is basically a yogurt based mango milkshake or smoothie. You can use either canned mango pulp or cubed fresh or frozen mango. If you use fresh, you’ll want to use a ripe, sweet mango. If your mango isn’t ripe enough it will be too tart and you’ll have to add more sugar or honey than you would like. A little ground cardamom sprinkled on top is perfect!
Nicely frothed with fresh dollops of yogurt, ripe mango, sugar, cardamom powder and heaps of ice cubes, Easy Mango Lassi Recipe is a soothing delight. Here is a step by step recipe to make it.
This mango recipe needs very few ingredients to make. You can use canned mango pulp also if fresh is not available. To make mango lassi, you have to add yogurt, mango pulp or mango pieces and milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve this mango lassi chilled. You can also replace plain yogurt with mango Yogurt if you want a even more stronger mango flavour.
Nicely frothed with fresh dollops of yogurt, ripe mango, sugar, cardamom powder and heaps of ice cubes, Easy Mango Lassi Recipe is soothing delight that you must make and sip this season! Not only would it remind you of the royalty of North India but it would let you sip the best of both the worlds – mangoes and yogurt, ain’t that amazing?
You can serve it for supper, as a dessert or along with meals, trust me, Easy Mango Lassi Recipe is super quick to make and is liked by everyone without a doubt. Write down its recipe and make it today?
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped very ripe mango (see how to peel and chop mango), frozen chopped mango, or a cup of canned mango pulp
- 4 teaspoons honey or sugar, more or less to taste
- A dash of ground cardamom (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Put mango, yogurt, milk, sugar and cardamom into a blender and blend for 2 minutes.
- If you want a more milkshake consistency and it’s a hot day, either blend in some ice as well or serve over ice cubes.
- Sprinkle with a tiny pinch of ground cardamom to serve.
- The lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours.