Garlic Broccoli is one of my favorite recipes. It is so simple to put together and tastes very good. No need to mention that this preparation is healthy too. I make it often as a side dish whenever I make burger or sandwich. You can also have it as a simple salad if you are on diet. I just make it very easily in the microwave. It is perfect to make for lunch boxes too.
- Broccoli – 1 crown
- Butter/Olive Oil -1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1/2 tsp (minced or use garlic powder)
- Red Pepper Flakes – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cut the broccoli crown into medium sized florets. Rinse the florets.
- Put in into a ceramic or glass container. Mix in the olive oil, minced garlic, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Microwave on high power for 2-3 minutes. The florets will turn dark green in color. It should retain its crispiness for best taste.