Mushroom Tikka Recipe With Indian Food Pedia- It’s a very easy recipe. you just need to marinate the mushrooms and then grilll or bake the mushrooms in the oven. you can even use a tandoor or grill if you have these.
In this recipe i have grilled the mushrooms. however, you can fry them too. This same marination can be used with veggies like potatoes, aubergines, cauliflower and broccoli. You can even use Paneer.
This mushroom tikka recipe does not use any yogurt/curd for marination. gram flour or besan is one of the main marinating ingredients along with ajwain or carom seeds. so the tikka does have the flavor of carom seeds. the rest of the spices and herbs all together enhance the overall taste and flavor in this dish. when serving, always remember to sprinkle some chaat masala and lemon juice on the mushrooms. you can also keep the chaat masala and lemon slices in separate bowls, so that the rest of the folks add these as much they want.
Mushroom Tikka Recipe
- 200 to 250 grams button mushrooms
- ½ tablespoon ginger-garlic paste or crushed ginger-garlic OR approx Â½ inch ginger + 3-4 garlic crushed in a mortar and pestle
- ½ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
- ¼ or ½ teaspoon red chili powder – ½ teaspoon red chili powder made the tikka a bit hot
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 3 to 4 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
- 1 tablespoon oil – to be used only if grilling or baking the mushrooms in the oven
- regular salt or black salt or rock salt – as required
- chaat masala to sprinkle
- few chopped coriander leaves for garnishing (dhania patta)
- few drops of lemon juice as required and lemon wedges to be served
- 1 medium sized onion – sliced thinly with some salt & lemon juice added – served as an accompaniment.
How To Prepare Recipe
- Rinse the mushrooms well in water. drain and wipe them dry.
- Trim the earthy base stalks a little. in a mixing bowl, take all the mushrooms.
- Add all the spice powders, carom seeds, salt and oil. mix well.
- Keep aside to marinate for 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- After 20-25 mins, add the gram flour and mix well.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or till the mushrooms are cooked and tender and are browned.
- After 15-20 minutes when grilling, you can turn the skewers so that there is uniform grilling.
- If you want you can sprinkle or spray some oil on the mushrooms after 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice, chaat masala, coriander leaves on the mushroom tikka.
- Serve mushroom tikka hot or warm with a green chutney, rotis or naan or even bread.