How to make a healthy breakfast yummy? Delicious effortless breakfast for every new cook!
- ¾ cup veggies (carrots, peas can vary according to taste)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sliced onion
- 1 cup oats ¾ cup water
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of turmeric
- Oil as required
- ½ to ¾ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 to 2 green chilies
- ½ tsp Garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder (its optional)
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Dry roast oats until golden or they begin to smell good. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add chillies and allow to crackle.
- Saute ginger garlic until the raw smell goes off.
- Add onions and fry until they turn slightly golden or pink.
- Saute veggies for 2 to 3 mins. Add tomatoes, sprinkle salt and turmeric.
- Cook until the tomatoes turn completely mushy.
- Add chili powder, garam masala or pav bhaji masala and coriander powder.
- Mix and fry for 2 to 3 minutes until it smells good.
- Add oats and stir well.
- Add water and mix well
- Cover and cook. If needed add more or less water to adjust the consistency.
- Add coriander leaves.
- (Optional) Drizzle some ghee over the hot Oats Masala Upma.