How to make dry paneer manchurian with detailed recipe. A dry manchurian recipe prepared with paneer cubes. an ideal party snack, served as starter or as a side dish with veg fried rice or any noodles recipe.
Basically an adapted version of Chinese cuisine with its cooking techniques which meets the requirements of Indian taste. in other words, it is a 2 step process where firstly, the paneer cubes are deep fried with spiced corn and all purpose flour coating. later it is sautéed with mixture of soy, vinegar and tomato sauce.
i have always been a big fan of Manchurian recipes. I have prepared this recipe very similar to baby corn Manchurian recipe and i have not added capsicum. i personally prefer to have diced capsicum in my manchuri, but because i was running short i have skipped it in this recipe.
Some important tips for a perfect paneer Manchurian dry recipe. it is always recommended to use comparatively harder paneer cubes in any indo chineese recipes. perhaps because the recipes follow a 2 step process with deep frying and sautéing, or otherwise it may loose its shape. i have used homemade paneer, you can use store bought for the same. secondly, i have added chilli powder for the spiciness, alternatively, chilli sauce can also be added. lastly, to prepare a paneer Manchurian gravy recipe, add half cup of corn flour paste to this recipe. i would be soon posting it a detailed post anyway.
How To Make Dry Paneer Manchurian
- 9 Paneer / Cottage cheese , cubed
- ½ cup maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- salt to taste
- ½ cup water, add as required
- oil for deep frying
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce / soya sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp kashmiri chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take maida and corn flour.
- further add chili powder and salt.
- mix well making sure all the dry ingredients are combined well
- now slowly add water as required.
- and make a smooth flowing consistency batter.
- furthermore, add cubed paneer and coat well with batter.
- then deep fry into hot oil till they turn golden brown.
- finally, drain the fried paneer on a kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil.
Panner manchurian dry recipe:
- firstly, in a large kadai add 3 tsp oil.
- furthermore, add chopped ginger and garlic. saute for a minute.
- also saute onions till they sweat.
- add tomato sauce, soy sauce and vinegar.
- furthermore add salt and chili powder.
- saute for a minute. or till the sauce turns slightly thick.
- now add the deep fried paneer and chopped spring onions.
- give a good mix.
- finally, add some chopped spring onions greens and serve hot dry paneer manchurian.