Shahi paneer recipe is one of the authentic Indian dishes. Shahi paneer recipe is popular as north Indian dish which completes the plate of any occasion. By this recipe of shahi paneer you can easily learn how to cook shahi paneer. This Shahi Paneer Recipe has a traditional touch of spices and other ingredients. Surely try this shahi paneer recipe and give your views in comments.
Ingredients for Shahi Paneer Recipe
- Cottage cheese (Paneer) – 250 gram
- Cashew Paste – 25 g
- Onions – 2
- Tomatoes – 300 grams
- Green chilies – 2
- Oil – 1½ tablespoons at 2 different times
- Bay leaves (Tez Patta) – 2
- Cloves – 2
- Black Cardamon – 1
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chili Powder or Paprika – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric – 1 pinch
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Water – according to our preference
- Tomato sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh cream – 100 grams + 25 grams
- Coriander – 1 handful
Shahi Paneer Recipe Method:
- Allow Paneer to defreeze before cooking.
- Make cashew nuts paste using a blender with 2 to 3 tablespoons of water and keep aside.
- Chop coriander leaves and keep aside.
- Cut onions, tomatoes and green chilies into small pieces – Will semi-cook & grind them later.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons of oil in a pan and then, add onions and stir them for around 3 minutes.
- Then, add the tomatoes and green chilies and stir properly and cover the pan to allow cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now, switch off heat and put them in mixer and blend them into a purée* and keep them aside.
- Chop your soft paneer into squares or rectangular depending on your preference. pour some fresh cream again to garnish.