Spring Onion Pakoda Recipe is a deep fried spring onion recipe which are crunchy and taste absolutely yum. It is an easy recipe to make during cold evenings and rainy days or even when there’s an unexpected guest at home. Done in a giffy, these Spring Onion Pakoda Recipe tastes best when served with tomato ketchup or green chutney during teas time with masala chai
- Spring Onions (Scallion), a Bunch, Finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 Cup Rice Flour
- 2 Green Chilli, Finely Chopped
- Coriander leaves (Dhania), a Handful, Finely Chopped
- Curry leaves, a Handful, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds, Roasted & lightly Crushed
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- Cooking Oil, To deep fry
- Salt, To Taste
Directions for Spring Onion Pakoda Recipe
- To prepare Spring Onion Pakoda Recipe, chop both green part as well onion part of spring onion.
- Take a mixing bowl. Add chopped onion,green chilli,coriander leaves, curry leaves and salt to it. Nicely squeeze it/ mix it with hand, so that spring onion leaves out water. Keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile heat a deep frying pan with enough oil to deep fry.
- Next add rice flour, gram flour, chilli powder, turmeric and crushed coriander seeds to the onion mi. Add about a tablespoon of hot oil to it. Combine well, with water. Sprinkle just a few drops of water. Lesser the water, more crispier pakoda is the outcome.
- Take small pieces of pakoda dough and drop into hot oil in batches.Stir and turn in between. Keep the flame to medium while dropping pakodas to oil and later reduce to low-medium.Deep fry till they are crisp, in batches. Drain on kitchen towel.
- Enjoy Spring Onion Pakoda Recipe with mint chutney or ketchup ..