Tomato Ketchup is a regular partner of almost all snacks and use in many dishes like honey chilli potato, sahi paneer, pakora and many more. Now if I say that you can make much better tomato ketchup at your home and that too easily then this will be a must wanted recipe for many. So today I will tell you how to cook tomato ketchup at home, that too better than packed market ketchup.
Ingredients For Tomato Ketchup
- Tomato- 1kg
- Sugar- 200 gm
- Onion- 2
- Garlic- 4-5
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) – 1 tea spoon
- Black Cardamom (Moti Elaichi) – 1
- Bay Leaf (Tez Patta) – 1
- Cloves (Long) – 2-3
- Cinnamon (Dal chini) – 1 inch
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch) – 1 Tea Spoon
- Ginger Powder (Sund) – ½ Tea Spoon
- Salt- 1 Tea Spoon
- Black Salt- ½ tea spoon
- Vinegar (Sirka) – 1 tbs
- Firstly cut tomatoes and onions in big pieces. Put Black pepper, Black Cardamom, Bay Leaf, Cloves, Cinnamon in pressure cooker. Roast them for 1 minute. Now put Tomatoes, Onions, garlic and ginger in cooker. Cook them for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Tomato will extract its juice in those 5 minutes.
- Now close the pressure cooker and cook it till 1 whistle on high flame and after 1 whistle close the flame. Keep pressure cooker close till steam get released.
- After that open cooker and transfer all tomatoes and everything to a jar. Now we will grind them with a hand grinder. Not grind it too much as we don’t want our spices get totally grinded. Just grind it for few seconds.
- Now filter the pulp of tomato and separate the waste material, like this we will have flavorful tomato extract with us. As we use onions, garlic, ginger and spices so now all flavors are locked in pulp for our sauce.
- Now cook all pulp in a pan, till first boil cook it on high flame. Then cook it on medium flame for around 10 minutes so that it turns thicker. Stir your sauce in between don’t let it to stick with pan.
- After 10 minutes, put sugar in pan and cook it more till sauce turns thicker. Now after 3-4 minutes put spices in it, red chilli powder, ginger powder, vinegar, salt and black salt in it. Again cook it and stir it regularly we want a thick sauce just like market one or you can say a better one
- You can test whether your tomato ketchup is ready or not, take a tea spoon of sauce in a plate if surrounding of sauce has some water then it needs to be more cooked otherwise our sauce is ready.